Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Why I started a blog

My New Year's Resolutions for 2014
I have been thinking all day what to write about and then I thought I would share a little bit about why I started my blog.  (Also a very close friend asked me and it dawned on me I should probably share that on here.)

As you can see in the picture above, it was a New Year's Resolution.  That is honest to goodness the resolutions I wrote on January 1.  I keep it on my bedroom mirror so I can see it everyday.  I actually started my blog in mid January.  I drafted my first post and just let it sit there for several months.  Finally in April I thought let's do this!!!!  I can't believe that I have gotten over 800 hits in less than a month.  Thank you!

I have been following about 8 blogs on the regular now for about maybe 2 years.  Most of them are beauty bloggers but they talk about their normal every day lives as well.  One blogger I started following from pinterest and the others I randomly came across.  I am also a big fan of the Pioneer Woman as you know.  I enjoy her blog so much.  A lot of the ladies blog to supplement their income or it is their full-time job.  I would love for this to be a source of some income for me but I'm okay if this is just a hobby.  I thought if these ladies can do it, then so can I. What do I have to lose?

I wanted to feel like I had a voice in this crazy world.  I'm not sure what kind of theme this blog may have.  I plan on writing about my life and the things I do.  The only things off limits will be my job, politics, money, and religion.  My Grandmother told me to never discuss the last 3 because you will never agree.  And well Grams is right!

So where did NapTown Diva come from?  Well the answer is my Dad.  Whenever I was little and needed a name for a new doll, stuffed animal, Barbie, toy....he was the man for the job.  He is very creative and puts a lot of thought into things.  He came up with NapTown part and we threw a couple of ideas around.  I said Diva and well the rest is history.  I am somewhat of a Diva in our family.  Did I just publicly admit that?  Oh well it is the truth.  If you didn't know NapTown is a nickname for IndiaNAPolis where I live.  I do love naps, too!

Me and my Dad

I know I am not a writer.  (We will leave that to dear ole Dad.)  I'm sure I will write in run on sentences and say things that make no sense to anyone but me.  Hopefully I don't embarrass anyone too badly.  This is all in good fun.  I just wanted to share a little piece of myself with the world.



Now let me break down my 'about me' section.  It goes something like this. "I'm a TV junkie, country music lover, crazy cat lady, aunt, daughter, friend, Target shopper, Social Media addict, looking to be inspired, 30 something diva living the single life in NapTown."

TV junkie-I watch way too much TV.  I have over 50 season passes on my DVR.  Don't even get me started on on the reality shows I watch on BravoTV.

Country music lover-since only about 2010.  My good friend T kind of forced it upon me when we traveled to Gulf Shores for a family vacation.  Sugarland is probably one of my faves.  Luke Bryan is my boyfriend.

Sugarland in concert a couple of years ago.
On a serious note*  Yes I was at the Sugarland concert where the stage collapsed.  By far one of the most terrible things I have ever seen in my life.  My friend Jennifer and I witnessed the whole thing from the stands.  A night neither one of us will forget.  God bless all those who were injured and lost their lives.
Crazy cat lady-Yes.  I've got 2 cats.  I probably would have more if Lee would let me.  He's says three is too many.............Whatever.


Aunt-Proud Aunt!  I've got 3 nieces and 1 nephew.  Okay 2 are technically not related to me but I love them as my own.
Me with D&P a couple of years ago

Daughter-My Mom claims me.  My Dad well you will just have to ask him.  ;-)

Friend-I have a small circle of really close friends.  I don't let too many people in.  They are my people.  They get me.

My besties.  BFF 4-ever and ever.
Target shopper-Even I wear myself out on Target sometimes and need a break.  It is worth it to drive to Super Target to avoid that other hellish store that shall NOT be named.

Social Media addict-Yes I have to check Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Vine like a billion times a day.  (In that order, too.)  Instagram and Twitter are my favorite.  FB is sooooooo 2010.

Facebook:  NapTown Diva Blog
Instagram: naptowndiva
Twitter:  @naptowndiva79
Pinterest:  naptowndiva79

Looking to be inspired-Trying to figure out what I should be doing with the rest of my life.

30 something-When did I get so old?  I am 34 and holding.  I'm not sure I can handle turning 40.

Single-Yes I am forever the single girl.  I have never found someone who is worth my time.  Maybe I have very high standards.  I also grew up hearing from my Mother and Grandmother.....'Never get married!'  Yes I can see your point.  It gets really lonely some days but that is what the cats are for.  Right??!!!??

I drink large margaritas because I can!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment