Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

High Five for Friday

I'm linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday.

TGIF!  It was a short week but seemed to go by very slowly.  Can you believe next week is June?  I think June is my favorite month of the year.  Here are the top 5 highlights of my week.

 1.  My Memorial weekend plans fell through.  So I decided to go with my original plan of going home to Norwalk, Ohio to visit my parents.  It is about a 4-4.5 hour drive from Indy.  I sort of surprised my parents.  I told Mom that day I was coming and Dad was quite surprised when I walked in that night.  He couldn't believe what he was seeing.  He is so cute.  These 2 are a lot of fun and I wish I lived closer.  They just kept thanking me for coming and making their weekend exciting.  I'm not sure I am that much fun but I really enjoyed myself.  We shopped, went to church, ate out, planted flowers, took the dogs for a walk, and did misc things around the house.  I'm glad I can help my parents out occasionally since they have done so much for me.  I just love them to pieces.

Crossing the state line
2.  Mom and I went to a local greenhouse to get some flowers for her outside planters.  It is about all the flowers she can handle.  We both have some serious black thumbs.  We can both kill plants like nobody's business.  Mom always wants to buy fancy flowers and I always have to remind her they will be dead in a week.


The greenhouse.  It was so hot in there!

One of two planters outside the garage.

 
A small plant hanger in the back yard from Big Lots.  It is so cute at night!

3.  I didn't get to see my nieces while I was home.  :-(  But here is a cute picture Mom sent of K#2 this week from daycare.  She's got sweet potatoes all over her face.



4.  Mom and I did it again.  We went to Ulta!  We can't stop, won't stop.  Mom is such a bad influence on me!  I wanted to pick up some Laura Geller bronzer.  Mom had let me try some of hers and I just loved it.  Have you tried Laura Geller before?  My Mom uses her makeup all the time and now she has me addicted to it.  It works with any skin tone and doesn't feel like you are wearing make-up.

Laura Geller 'Summer in Capri' kit.  Includes brush, mascara, dual eyeshadow, bronzer, and lip gloss
I picked up a new hair brush as I hadn't replaced mine in awhile.  If you haven't figured out yet I love the color pink.  And of course I couldn't leave without picking up a couple of Essie new neon nail polish colors.  Have I mentioned how much I love their nail polish?!

New hair brush.  Essie nail polish Bachelorette Bash and Chills and Thrills
5.  For the past 3 days my eyes have been swollen something terrible.  The tree and grass pollen index is at an all time high.  I'm thinking that has something to do with it.  Ugh!  Allergies!  Hopefully the rain we have had will help with this.  I'll take this over snow and ice any day.



Have a wonderful weekend!!!  Thank you so much for reading.  Do me a favor though would you?  Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest.  Thank you!

Facebook:  NapTown Diva Blog
Instagram: naptowndiva
Twitter:  @naptowndiva79
Pinterest:  naptowndiva79


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment