Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What I'm Watchin Wednesday

It is no lie that I am a HUGE TV fan.  My DVR is full of season passes.  I thought it might be fun to share with you a show each week that I would recommend.  These opinions are my own.


Sometimes I record the Today Show and happened to catch Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham on with Kathie Lee and Hoda.  I remember Jessica and Lennon from a short lived TV series called Best Friends Forever.  They were on promoting their new comedy on USA Network called Playing House.  They had great chemistry together in BFF and I was already laughing at their interview with Kathie Lee and Hoda.  I immediately added Playing House on my DVR.
L: Jessica St. Clair R: Lennon Parham (21st century Lucy and Ethel duo)
Emma (Jessica St. Clair) and Maggie (Lennon Parham) are childhood best friends.  Emma has a very important career and lives in China.  Maggie still lives in their hometown and is extremely pregnant.  During her baby shower she discovers that her husband is having an online affair with a husky, German woman.  Devastated Maggie doesn't know what to do about her crumbling marriage.  Emma is being called back to China to give a big presentation.  Emma has to choose.  Leave behind her pregnant best friend who needs her now more than ever or lose her job?  Emma decides to give up her career and help Maggie raise this child.  Because isn't that what best friends do?

The second episode really dives into to some Lucy and Ethel shenanigans.  They become friends with Jessica's high school flame Mark (Keegan-Michael Key) and his wife Tina (Lindsay Sloane).  Emma and Maggie gave Tina the nickname Bird Bones in high school because she has a condition in which her bones break easily.  Not only is Tina sweet but she is the perfect loving wife.  This drives the girls to find some fault in her character.  After having brunch at Tina's they can't find a single thing wrong with her perfect house or perfect life.  (The girls accidentally turn on the master bath shower and get soaked.  They end up wearing bath robes the whole episode.)  In the end Tina comes clean and says she is a hoarder.  She can't stop buying things from QVC and has a closet full of goodies.  She also suffers from a Cadbury Egg addiction.  The girls help her clean out the closet and decide Tina really isn't that bad.


Playing House airs on the USA Network every Tuesday at 10/9C.




Have I not mentioned my T-Rex arms before?  Made me love this show even more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment