Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

High Five for Friday

Hiya!!!  Thanks for stopping by.  TGIF!  It is payday and a long weekend for me.  I'm looking forward to some time off.  This has been a slow news week in 'Megan' world.  (Which is a good thing!)  But here are a few highlights for the week.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1.  Do you have big Labor Day plans?  I'm heading home to Norwalk, Ohio to visit my family.  I haven't been home since mid July.  I am excited to see all my family members.


2.  So excited to see these faces!
I'm telling you.  This one.  She is too smart for her own good.  She is a little Mommy and a little Meggie in the making.
She is the happiest baby EVER!  Thanks Andy for the pic.
Somebody is learning how to pull herself up.  And always smiling!!  Photo is from Gammy.
3.  My good friend from high school sent me this picture.  Thanks Elizabeth!  I'm thinking it was somewhere between 1993-1995????  We were hanging out in Liz's room. I remember this day like it was yesterday.

That was my favorite shirt!!!  My obsession with Paris started at an early age.

4.  A random high five.  (I told you I was struggling for news this week!)

There is nothing better than a summer storm.  Indy and Mother Nature put on some pretty amazing lightning storms this week.  (I know my view is terrible.  He-he.)

 And some cat pictures.....................#crazycatlady
I call this 'Cat in a Tub'.  Nosy girl!!  I haven't gone to the bathroom alone since Sabrina arrived 6 years ago.
This is how we roll on rainy days.  Cuddles in the recliner.  My two faced kitty with pointy ears.
5.  My last high five of the week is a funny story.  On Tuesday, I went to our corporate office across the street for a health screening.  (We get a little discount on our insurance if we do this.)  It takes less than 10 minutes to do.  No big deal.  So I start to go through the screening and was asked to take off my shoes so they could get my height.  I was dressed up that day and had on these cute sandals.
Was wearing these shoes but in black.
The problem is they aren't exactly easy to put on.  (I don't unfasten.  I slip on and pull over my heel.)  Well as I went to put them back on.............wouldn't you know the strap broke!!!  And these aren't the kind of shoes you can wear if a strap is loose.  They don't work like flip flops.  I finish up the screening and walk out into the hall in my bare feet.  I panic.  I don't know what to do.  I'm in the corporate building where our president is.  I just can't walk through the lobby with no shoes on!  I go into the bathroom and put my one good shoe on.  I try to figure out a way to make the other one work.  I tried tying the strap together but it doesn't work.  Here I am, stuck in the bathroom with one shoe.  I need to walk through the main lobby, to the elevators, take up to the 4th floor, walk across the bridge to my building, up the elevator to the 6th floor, and down the hallway to my office.  I mean really, Megan!!!  How do you get yourself into these messes??!!!

I creep out of the bathroom with only one shoe on.  I peek down the hallway and don't see anyone.  I walk down the hallway quickly.  I get to the main lobby and throw my broken shoe down.  I slip it on and slide across the lobby floor to the elevator.  At this point only about 4 people see me.  I hit the elevator button and race in.  My shoe falls off as I hit floor #4.  Thank goodness I'm alone.  When I arrive on the 4th floor I take the shoe off and just start walking as quick as I can.  I see a man in front of me and slow down so he doesn't see me.  He gets into an elevator and is gone.  I make it across the bridge and head straight for the elevator.  (I'm almost there!!!)  A man gets out in a hurry.  I don't think he notices me.  I take the elevator up alone to the 6th floor.  I get out.  It is lunch time at this point, so I see a lot of people walking into the cafeteria at the end of the hall.  At this point I don't care anymore.  These people know me.  I race down to my office door and I am finally safe!!!!  I throw the shoes across my office in disgust.  Luckily I keep a pair of tennis shoes at work and put them on.  They don't go with my outfit but at this point I don't care.  Next time I won't be wearing sandals to my health screening!  That is what I get for trying to look nice.
 

I'm linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment