Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams



I totally agree.  Robin you will be dearly missed.

I am absolutely stunned over the loss of Robin Williams today.  I was at home last night flipping over to another show on the DVR.  Wheel of Fortune was on.  The next thing I know Brian Williams was coming on with a special report.  Robin Williams had passed away from what appeared to be a suicide.  I let out a gasp and just could not believe what I was hearing.

You wouldn't think a man like that, who has everything, would be so troubled.  But we just never know the battles others are facing.  Robin suffered from severe depression.  I hope that he has now been able to find some peace.  I just wish he could have experienced all the love that everyone is expressing since his passing.

Here are some of my favorite Robin Williams films:
Hook
Aladdin 
Mrs. Doubtfire
Jumanji
The Birdcage
Good Will Hunting
Patch Adams

Please don't hate me but I have not seen Good Morning, Vietnam or Dead Poets Society.  I know, I know.  I deserve to be tarred and feathered.  I promise that will change.

I would have to say that The Birdcage is probably one of my all time favorite movies he ever did.  Just the humor and crazy antics between Robin and Nathan Lane are what make the movie.  You can tell Robin improvises a lot in this movie.  You just can't make this stuff up!

I saw The Birdcage in the movie theater.  And I got in so much trouble for doing so!!!  (Not really but my Mom was very disappointed.)  I think I was only 15-16 and I went with a friend and her Mom.  Well it is rated 'R' and I wasn't allowed to see 'R' movies.  I went anyway.  Loved every minute of it.  Now this movie is a classic.  Every time I see it, I remember my Mom giving me a lecture.  I deserved it.  (I have the best parents in the world.  Even if I wasn't allowed to watch 'R' movies.)

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my struggle with depression.  I can certainly understand what he was going through.  It is so very sad that he thought his only way out was to end his life.  Depression can happen to anyone.  Even someone like Robin who had the money and fame.  I pray his family can find peace.

To read about my struggle with depression, click here.

Please, please reach out if you need help.  National Suicide Prevention Hotline:  800-273-8255

0 comments:

Post a Comment