Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

I thought since The Fault in Our Stars was the big winner last night at the Teen Choice Awards, I would tell you a little bit about what I thought about the book.  But first can someone tell me why rated 'R' movies are nominated for the Teen Choice Awards?  (For example American Hustle.)  Oh I sound like my mother!    I'm just saying.  It doesn't seem right...........


I knew going into reading this book it was going to be sad.  I really debated on whether or not to read it.  But I finally gave in to all the hype.  And I am glad I did.  One of the reasons I really enjoyed the book was, it is set in Indianapolis.  The characters talk about different locations around Indy and it was neat to actually picture the settings.  The author John Green actually lives here.  In fact I knew someone who ran into him at Target once.  Kind of cool!

As I'm sure you know without reading the book, the main characters have cancer.  (I'm not giving away anything there.)  They fall in love and it centers around their journey fighting cancer.  You learn how their families deal with having teenagers with such a fatal disease.  I don't want to spoil the book if you haven't read it.  It truly is just an amazing love story.  There are some twists and turns along the way and it is not predictable at all.  The book is a very easy read and I really enjoyed it.

I haven't seen the movie yet but would like to.  The book didn't make me cry as I went into it prepared for a sad story.  I have a feeling the movie will make me sob.  Have you seen the movie or read the book?  What did you think?

The Fault in our Stars book is available from Amazon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment