Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Book Review: Andy Cohen's Most Talkative

I recently just finished a book by Andy Cohen called Most Talkative.  It is about Andy's stories from the front lines of pop culture (just as it says on the book).  For those of you who don't know who Andy Cohen is, you should!!!  He is a BravoTV exec, producer, talk show host, and Real Housewives reunion host.  He hosts a daily talk show on BravoTV called Watch What Happens Live.  I'm a big fan of WWHL and have to watch it every night before I go to bed.  And yes I am a Real Housewives fan.  HUGE!  I blame Ryan and my co-worker for this.  I love seeing how the rich and famous live.  If anything else, it takes me away from my reality for an hour.

I'm getting way off track!  Back to Andy.  In his book he talks about his Jewish up bringing in St. Louis.  He shares his struggle with coming out to family and friends.  One highlight of the book is how Andy 'tricked' his idol Susan Lucci into an interview for a homework assignment.  We learn about his college years and studying aboard.  How he got started in the journalism business at CBS and finally landing at BravoTV.  We get a look into how the Housewives shows started and still continue to be a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE success.

Andy's book is a very easy read.  I enjoyed reading it and learning more about his background.  Made me love him just a little more.  I am absolutely, positively sure we would be BFFs if we ever met.  (Hello SJP is his BFF!  Mom, SJP=Sarah Jessica Parker.) 

Need another reason to love Andy?  He rescued this adorable guy, who he calls Wacha.  Wacha is spoiled (just like he should be.)  This pup leads a more glamorous life then me.  Trips to the Hamptons, rides on helicopters, brunch in the city, and a regular guest on WWHL.  What a lucky pooch :-)

Photo from Andy's Instagram
Looking forward to Andy's second book, The Andy Cohen Diaries coming out this fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment