Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

30 things I've learned in my 30s

I'm not ashamed to admit it!  I'm 34 and holding.  GASP!  When did I get so old?  I thought it would be fun to share 30 things that I have learned so far in my 30s...............

I will be celebrating my 5th anniversary of my 29th birthday in December.
30 Things I've Learned in my 30's

1.  I'm stronger than I think I am.
2.  A good day is never getting out of my pajamas.
3.  Family is everything.
4.  My parents were/are always right.  Whether I'm 5, 10, 16, 21, 25, 34 they are always right.
5.  I use to have a mind like an elephant.  Now I can't remember what floor I parked my car on.
6.  I didn't know what I was talking about in my 20's.
7.  I am much wiser in my 30's.
8.  My idea of a fun Friday/Saturday night is ordering in and watching TV.
9.  Going out means running errands and doing other adult things.  Ain't nobody have time or money for the bars.  (I never went much anyway.)
10.  I see my mother in the mirror when I look at my reflection.  I also hear her when I speak. 
11.  It just doesn't matter what others think.  It matters what I think.
12.  I ache/hurt in places I never knew existed.
13.  I love children.  I really do.  Love my nieces.  But I don't think I want my own.  I'm too selfish and I love my sleep.  Parents are saints.
14.  Friends come and go but family is forever.
15.  No wearing pajamas in public anymore.  I might have gotten away with it in college, but not now.
16.  The dishes/laundry/cleaning are never done.
17.  Teenagers/young adults look like they are 12.  I certainly never looked that young!


18. We are all in this rat race together.
19.  Stuff is just stuff.  It doesn't matter who makes it or where I buy it.  I want a bargain!
20.  I actually want to read or listen to the news.
21.  I never have worried more about money in my life.
22.  Did I mention family is everything?
23.  My parents really did know what they were talking about back in the day.  (Worth saying twice.)
24.  I don't get carded anymore.  I officially look old enough to purchase adult drinks.


25.  Life is unfair and cruel.  Mistakes happen.  But admitting you were wrong and learning from your mistakes......that is what shapes you.
26.  Sometimes I just really miss my grandparents.
27.  Time to plan for the future.
28.  Having the talk with your parents about what to do when they die.  And then crying hysterically because there is NO way they are that old yet.
29.  Be kind.  Be nice.  To everyone.  Because you never know what the other person is going through.
30.  Realizing 40 is just around the corner.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment