Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week and Weekend

Sorry for the radio silence last week.  I wish I could say I was on a fabulous vacation with no internet/cell service.  (Wouldn't that be nice!)  That unfortunately was not the case.  I've had a lot going on. Some good, some bad. 

Let's start with the good.  I had a very busy, fun-filled weekend.  I will tell you all about it on Friday.  For now here are some pictures to tide you over.

My 2 favorite people in the whole entire world.  Nieces are the best.
Now for the bad.  Personally I've been struggling in the last week with lots of pain in my left leg and back.  For those of you who don't know me personally, I had back surgery 2 years ago.  I had herniated/bulging/degenerative discs on my L4 and L5 of my lower spine.  Which means I suffer from lower back pain and numbness in my left leg/foot.  After surgery, my lower back pain pretty much disappeared.  The numb leg/foot never went away.  I knew going into it, the surgery may not fix either problem.  For me the worst pain was in my back.  I've learned to live with the numbness in my leg/foot.  But the nerve pain in my left leg has gotten really bad in the past week.  I don't know if it was from all the driving I did over Labor Day weekend or something else I did.  I like to think of myself as having a pretty high threshold of pain.  (I took no pain medicine after surgery.  Because I had none!)  This leg pain takes my breathe away.  I can't walk, can't sit, can't stand, can't sleep, can't get comfortable.  Nothing relieves it.  I took it really easy this weekend and tried to stay off my leg as much as I could.  I am happy to report it has gotten better.  Sometimes it really just stinks living alone.  I really could use a housekeeper who can cook, clean, and go grocery shopping.  (Forget a man!  They are worthless.......okay I kid.  But ladies you know I'm right...............*wink *wink)

Now that I have offended all the men who read my blog, let me share a funny story that makes me look like an idiot.  Saturday I agreed to do a favor for someone at work.  All I had to do was come in for about an hour or less.  Easy enough!!!!  The favor ended up taking a little longer than I expected.  For multiple reasons but mostly because I locked my keys in my car!!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't done that since I first started driving.  Mom rescued me and my friends at Cedar Point that time.  This time good ole Mama was 4 hours away.
2 things I can't live without?  My cell phone and my keys.  Lesson learned.
I got up Saturday morning, threw some clothes on, and went to work.  Apparently I was still not awake because of what I did next.  I dropped the car keys in my purse and started to get out of the car.  I suddenly decided since the favor wouldn't take that long, I didn't need to haul all my belongings in.  Including my purse, which I hid under my back seat.  I hopped out of the car and locked it by hitting the button on the door.  (Don't ask me why I do this.  I've done it forever and ever.  Could be because I haven't always had automatic locks/windows.  Who knows?!)  As I started to walk away with only my cell phone in hand, I realized what I had done.  Some profanities came spilling out and I walked back to the car praying I hadn't locked it.  No such luck.  I walked into my office building and tried to figure out what to do.  I couldn't even get in my office because those keys were in the car, too.  (Along with my McDonald's breakfast that was getting cold.)  My only option was to call Kia roadside assistance.  Thank goodness I had stored that number in my phone.  (Which by the way only had about 15% battery left.  Doh!)  Even if someone could drive me home to get my spare key, I couldn't get in my apartment.  That key was in the car, too!  Two long hours later, I was in my car and driving home.  I was done with the world for the day.  World-1, Megan-0.

These pictures are from last fall after I bought it.  Now LET ME IN.  LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you catch my reference to this book in the title of my blog post?  If you were a child of the 80's, I know you've read it.  I always think of it when I have a bad day.  And it makes me smile.



Here is to hoping this week is better!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment