Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

What I would tell graduates

Well graduation season is upon us.  Makes me wish I was 18 and fresh out of high school to do it all over again.

Me on my last day of high school.  Can you believe I thought I was fat back then?!  I wish I was this skinny and tan right now!!!  Please enjoy the sausage roll bangs.
I often think about what I would have done differently back then.  I had no idea what I wanted to study or what college I wanted to go to.  Maybe I would have taken a year off and worked.  Tried to see what it was I wanted to do.  Maybe I would have gone to cosmetology school.  What 34 year old me would tell 18 year old me is this, "Whatever you are thinking of doing with your life............run the other direction...........go into the medical field."  I wish I had become a nurse because I love taking care of people.  I guess I am figuring this out a little late.

June 7, 1998.  Grandma Carr, Dad, me, Mom, and Grammy

Andy's graduation 2000.  Me, Dad, Andy, and Mom.  Photobombed by Andy's BFF Derek.

Andy's senior pic

I would tell my 18 year old self a couple other things.  Don't be in such a hurry to grow up.  Enjoy college.  Because being a grownup and paying bills is no fun!  Oh and your parents actually know what they are talking about.  I know, I know they don't get it but trust me they do!

College graduation 2003

It's killing them standing in front of this.  IU and OSU fans.  Killing them.


Me and Ryan.  Where are my eyes?  2003
What would I tell 2014 graduates?  Congratulations!  Now the real learning begins in this so called 'real world'.  I'm sorry the job market and economy is so bad.  I really am.  I know how tough it is.  If you are on your way to college may I suggest a career in the medical field?  Remember to have a little fun along the way.  And never, ever forget your family.  You wouldn't be where you are today without them.  Good luck and Congratulations!

0 comments:

Post a Comment