Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

High Five for Friday

I'm linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday.

1.  Let me start with a low five first.  If you follow me on social media, you know I was in the ER on Monday.  I had been awake since 2:30am with some of the most intense burning stomach pain of my life.  (I mean this pain was worse than my bad back!)  I had an episode like this a couple weeks ago but it went away.  This pain was not leaving and I was extremely sick to my stomach.  I couldn't lay down and was burping up stomach acid.  I couldn't get comfortable and just paced back and forth in my apartment.  I will leave out the rest of the details.  To make a long story short, I was afraid my gallbladder was acting up or my appendix was bursting!  (Don't try to diagnose yourself via the internet at 3am.  You will convince yourself you have everything.)  The ER ran a bunch of tests and noticed my white blood cell count was high.  They determined I needed an ultrasound done just to make sure everything was okay.  Turns out my insides are fine.  I have gastritis.  They gave me some medicine and an IV since I was dehydrated.  I felt better almost instantly.  Now I need to have a scope done of my GI system to see what is going on.  I'm doing much better, thanks to the new antacid medicine I am on.  Still kind of tired and sore.  It is times like this I wish I lived closer to my parents.  Mom/Dad when are you moving to Indy?
One of my nurses.  She fell asleep on the job.
2.  FaceTime is the best.  Mom and Dad got to keep K#2 for a couple of days while her family went to Disney World.  (She's just a little bit too young for all that yet.)  I spent almost an hour Sunday/Monday just watching K#2 eating, playing, and cuddling with her Gammy.  I think she saw me on the iPad because she was laughing at me when I made faces at her.  Get ready for the photo overload!
Hi Aunt Meggie!

Playing with her toys with Grampy

Hey girl hey!
 
MEGGIE!  You are sooo funny!!!

3.  Wednesday I had my apartment professionally cleaned.  And I didn't have to pay a penny for it!  When I resigned my lease I had a couple 'gift' options.  Carpet cleaning, new thermostat, new blinds, or apartment cleaning.  It was so nice to come home to a clean apartment.  I wish they could come every week.



4.  This is an exciting weekend for our family.  K#2 is getting baptized at our church.  I will be heading home to Ohio.  I'm looking forward to some family time and to the festivities on Sunday.  If you didn't know my Grandfather was a Presbyterian minister.  He got to baptize all 4 of his grandchildren.  It is something that is very special to me.



5.  How cute are my parents?!  I just love these pictures.
Grampy on Father's Day.  Their outfits kind of match, too!
K#2 and her Gammy

0 comments:

Post a Comment