Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Recipe: Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Life gets boring sometimes when you have to think every. single. day.....what is for dinner?!  I wanted to try something different so I made a chicken pot pie.  I've never made one before but wanted to keep it super simple.  I looked at several recipes online and this is what I came up with.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Preheat your oven to 375F

Here is what you will need:

1 can of mixed vegetables
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of chicken (You can use fresh chicken, too.  I was trying to keep it easy and fast.)
1/4 cup of chicken broth
2 pie crusts (one for the top and bottom of your pot pie)
seasonings of your choice (I added salt and lots of pepper)

Please excuse my cheap apt counter tops.  But admire my pretty Longaberger pink pie plate!

 Gradually mix all your ingredients (except for the pie crust) in a bowl.  Gradually add the chicken stock in until it is a consistency you like.  I made the mistake of adding way to much chicken stock.


Line your pie plate with the pie crust and pour your filling in.



Put the next pie crust on top and cut a slit in the top so it has a vent.




Cook in a 375F oven for about an hour.  When you see it start to bubble inside you will know it is done.




 Take out of the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes.  Insides will be extremely hot.

Yum, yum, yum, yum


Like I have said before I am not a real 'exact' cook.  I don't measure.  I just kind of eyeball it.  (Much to my mother's dismay.)  The one mistake I did make was I added too much chicken stock.  I should have gradually poured it in as my pot pie was very full.  Next time I will get it right!  This made enough for me to eat for 6-7 meals. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment