Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beauty Tip

I thought it might be fun to share some of my 'beauty tips'.  I am by no means an expert in this field but there are certain things I do swear by.  And I do love trying out new trends I read about.

Thanks to Pinterest I learned this one.  Did you know you there are 101 uses for Coconut Oil?  And I am not talking about cooking either.  You can use it to condition your hair.  This summer my hair has been a beautiful wavy, curly, hot, frizzy mess!  (I mean seriously how come I couldn't have been blessed with just straight hair?  I promise I wouldn't complain.)  I needed something to calm it down.  So I bought some of this.

Photo courtesy of Amazon.com


Here is how to use:

1.  Scoop about 5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
2.  Melt oil in the microwave.  About 45 seconds.
3.  Let oil cool for a couple of minutes.
4.  Start rubbing into your hair.  My hair is to my shoulders so it took sometime to work in.  Your hair will look greasy but you will smell like the beach.
5.  Cover your hair with a shower cap and let sit for a couple of hours.  Keeping the heat in helps the oil work its magic.
6.  Rinse oil out and shampoo your hair really good.

Your hair will feel so silky, soft, and smooth.  I could not stop touching mine.  I read that this is recommended you do once a month.  My hair has been processed with hair color and is dry.  I would NOT recommend if you have oily hair.  This would also be great for hair that is dry because of pool water.

I got my coconut oil from Trader Joe's for $5.99.  This brand is also available from Amazon.  I'm sure you can find coconut oil at any grocery store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment