Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday everyone!  Was it just me or was this the longest week ever?!  Maybe because it was a slow week for me.  Not too much going on but I'm okay with that.  Here are five things from my week.  I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this mild weather here in the Midwest!!!

1.  I was a guest blogger this week at Indy Restaurant Scene.  I got an insane amount of people who visited my blog from this post.  It was so exciting!  I am looking forward to doing more guest blogging in the future.  I think this is a great way to get my blog out there.  If you missed my guest post please go here.  I reviewed Bearcats in Indy.  And remember to eat local!

Top:  Grouper Po Boy  Bottom:  Pork Tenderloin


2.  I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite famous kitties.  Grumpy Cat!!!  Her real name is Tardar Sauce.  In all honesty she really isn't Grumpy............


She became an internet sensation because of her 'grumpy' face.  Grumpy makes all kinds of appearances.  (She is a very well behaved cat.  Mine would freak out traveling everywhere like her!)  This past weekend she was on QVC for Christmas in July.


Grumpy was selling her stuffed animal. My Mom texted me when she saw her on and said turn on QVC NOW!!  And there was Grumpy.  I had to have her.  Being my sweet Mom she bought her for me.  The rest is history.  I'm the best crazy cat lady ever!!!  You can purchase Grumpy here.



3.  My co-worker and I are trying to go out to lunch once a week.  Just to get away and enjoy some time outside work.  It is nice to catch up and talk about things other than work.  This week we were both craving a good home cooked meal.  So we went to Cracker Barrel.  We both had chicken and dumplings with all the fixins.  YUMMY!  (Okay so sometimes I eat at chain restaurants.  You caught me.)


Why am I showing you this box of Nerds I picked up at Cracker Barrel?  I wanted to share a story with you about why I bought them.  When I was little, my Grandpa would always take us kids to a park in Newburgh, IN.  It also had a lock and dam area where we would watch the barges go through.  It is one of the great memories I have with him.  We would play on the swings and hunt for beavers in the woods.  Afterwards he would take us to an old fashion General Store and let us pick out some candy.  I always got Nerds.  As I was waiting to check out at Cracker Barrel, I saw this box and thought of my Grandpa.  He died when I was 8 and we had such little time together.  In that moment all my memories came flooding back.  (Sorry Mom grab some tissues.)

4.  I treated myself to some new earrings this week from Lisa Leonard Designs.  She is one of the bloggers I follow and I feel like I know her.  She has an amazing company that makes all kinds of jewelry.  When I saw these earrings on instagram, I just knew I needed them.  I love hearts because it is one of the symbols of my sorority (Sigma Kappa.  One heart, one way!)  They arrived Thursday and are just beautiful.  I can't wait to wear them!


5.  My beautiful city Indianapolis.  How I love them.  Indy is a great place to live.  I have been here for 8 years now.  I feel like I know the ins and outs.  I kind of feel like Carrie from Sex and the City.  How she always said she had a relationship with her one true love, New York City.  That is how I feel about Indy.  That is why I named my blog NapTownDiva.  IndiaNAPolis.

Lately we have had a lot of violence in our lovely city.  Shootings, killings, robberies, drugs, just all kinds of violence.  In the last month we even had a cop that was killed.  It is just sad.  But what I am seeing is neighbors and law enforcement coming together.  Watching out for each other.  This is just another reason why I love this city.





I'm linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday.



2 comments: