Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A little IU vs PU humor

If you didn't know, I went to Purdue University.  Much to my parents dismay!  I grew up being an IU fan.  (I am still a Bobby Knight fan.  Sssshhh don't tell.)  My parents are still die hard IU fans.  But their sweet daughter went to the dark side and went to Purdue.  Our house is VERY divided.  I will admit over the years, my parents have embraced Purdue athletics.  (As long as they are not playing IU.)  Thought I would share this joke I received many moons ago.


 

Bobby Knight, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Indiana University flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Bob," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Bob felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3000-story SKYSCRAPER with a Black and Gold sidewalk, made out of platinum trimmed in gold. It had a 300 story golden gate around it with blue and white pearls hanging from the top, furthermore it had a 4800 foot diamond flagpole with an enormous PURDUE University logo silk flag, and in every window, a PU logo.

Bob looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I won three national championships, more Big Ten titles than I can remember and I am the winningest coach in IU basketball history."

God said "So what do you want to know, Bob?" "Well, why does Gene Keady get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Bob, that's not Gene's house, it's mine."

0 comments:

Post a Comment