Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday to you!  I hope you all had a wonderful week.  Can you believe Christmas is just 2 weeks away?  The time flies between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have a lot to catch you up on, so here goes.


1.  Thanksgiving.  How was yours Megan, you ask?  It was a real kick in the pants.  Cars dying, sickness, not everyone able to make the big feast...............the list goes on and on.  It wasn't anyone's fault.  Just the way things happen sometimes.  Mom had a terrible stomach bug pretty much all weekend.  We delayed Thanksgiving to Friday hoping she would feel like eating some.  Which she did but got sick again on Saturday.  So I spent the whole weekend at home.  I did get caught up on some sleep.  I got a little bit of time with the nieces so it wasn't all bad.  I am noticing a trend I do not care for.  Me doing most of the cooking.  (Mom does help.  Dad peeled potatoes.)  It is just exhausting and then no one wants to do the dishes.  Family can we PLEASE go out next year?!

I was so proud of my bird.  I take great pride in my work.
Our table.  So thankful.
This lil miss took great interest in helping me cook.  She did great with the pecan pie.  I was thrilled!!!
Selfie
Selfie
Sometimes you fall asleep before dinner is served.

The slumber party that did not happen.  The one on the left wouldn't lay down and had to go in the pack and play to sleep.  The one on the right joined me in my bed and literally climbed my back ALL NIGHT LONG!  She's a nut!

2.  Poor Baby K's birthday fell on Thanksgiving.  As a fellow holiday birthday girl, I wanted to make it special for her.  Mom ordered her an adorable cake.  (Grandpa picked it up and took all the credit.)  We had decorations and presents as well.  She made out like a fat pig........Peppa the Pig!  It is a cute show the girls are in to.  All the toys were Peppa and the cake and decorations were Bubble Guppies (another TV show.) Baby K was SOOOOO cute when we sang and gave her the cake.

Gammy helping


Big sister comes to help!
My Grandma Carr always gave the non birthday sibling a gift to me and my brother growing up.  So of course Big Sister needed a Peppa the Pig.
CAKE!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!
Honey I gave her a big piece and let me tell you.  She ate almost all of it.  Of course she only had a roll for dinner.  It is tuff being 2!
3.  If you follow me on any of the social media sites, you know I am Martha Stewart's protege.  I had my house decorated for the holidays before I left for Thanksgiving.  I got my parents done and helped my friend Lee do his.  I LOVE to do it.  Here is some of my work.  I will do a full blog overview in the future of all my Christmas decor.

We three trees................These are the 3 I did.  Mine is on the far left.  It takes about 3-4 hours to do.  9 strands of lights and tons of ornaments.  If you didn't know I love the color pink because it just makes me happy.  Mom and Dad's is in the middle.  And Lee's is on the right.
Miss Bailey under the tree.  It is her first Carr Christmas!!


4.  I like to eat.  I like to eat out.  This week I tried 2 new restaurants.  The first one is King Ribs BBQ.  My co-worker and I went for lunch.  Rib Tips special for just $8.68.  I am drooling just looking at these pictures again.

Rib tips with potato salad and coleslaw.




The second place I tried was Harry and Izzy's.  For those of you local to Indy, you know this is a spin-off of the famous St. Elmo's Steakhouse.  I went for a friend's birthday.

Floor to ceiling wine cellar
Their famous shrimp cocktail
Wedge Salad
Filet
Prime Rib and Fried Green Tomatoes
Brownie sundae

Wine

Birthday girl
Elizabeth and Ellen
Me and Lee

So now I am not going to be eating until the holidays after this delicious week of food.  And my wallet is quite empty!!!  Tis the season!

5.  And because he is already mad at me for posting this picture on social media, I am going to share here.  My Dad and his love.  Bailey.  She ADORES him.  And he's just a cranky, old man.  I guess he has a thing for blondes.  Because every blonde dog we have ever had, loved him the best.  Sometimes Bailey is the only one who likes him.................I kid!!!!  Like I said he's a cranky, old man.



Have a wonderful weekend!!!


Today I am linking up with:






5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I can't take the credit. They are my nieces but I think they are pretty perfect. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry you had to do most of the cooking, but your Thanksgiving spread looks awesome! And those ribs and that prime rib sandwich.....yeah, I'm pretty obsessed with food myself! Happy birthday to your niece! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! That prime rib sandwich melted in my mouth......I'm still dreaming about it :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello dear, I do not know much about cook and all that stuff but my friend who is an owner of best corporate events Chicago venues knows a lot about it. I will ask him and will help you with your further queries.

    ReplyDelete