Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Recipe: Potato Soup

Today I want to share with you a super easy potato soup.  I tried a lot of different recipes before finding this one on Pinterest.  (You can follow me on there, here.)  This soup takes 5 minutes to put in the crock pot and 8 hours to simmer.  I made a batch about a month ago and just pulled out my last frozen Tupperware container of it.  Time to make some more!  Fall is the perfect time for soup.  Just makes ya feel all warm and cozy inside.  You can pair this soup with crackers or I ate with some french bread.

Easy Crockpot Potato Soup
1-30oz bag of frozen diced hash browns
1-32oz box of chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken soup**
2-8oz pkg of cream cheese**
3 oz of bacon bits
Optional Toppings:
Shredded cheese
Diced green onion
Additional bacon bits
Salt and pepper to taste

**I doubled these from the original recipe below.  I wanted to make a little more creamier soup.

 Add all ingredients BUT the cream cheese into a crock pot.  Cook for 8 hours.  An hour or so before serving, add in cream cheese. 

The original recipe on Pinterest

Ingredients.  Everything but the hash browns came from Aldi.

My VERY old hand me down crock pot.  My parents gave to me.  I think it is at least 25 years old.  Still does the trick.  Maybe some year Santa will bring me a new up to date crock pot.
Look at all the yummy soup.

Finished product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment