Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Recipe: Sour Cream Coffee Cake

If you follow me on the FacePlace, Twitter, and Instagram, you've already seen this picture.  My breakfast from over the weekend.  Because who doesn't like my posts of everything I make.

My apartment smelled so gooooood after baking this.

I love baking.  I love cooking in general.  Only thing in my life that has come naturally to me and I am good at.  I thought I would share the recipe for this delicious coffee cake.  Super easy to make.  I've made it for pitch ins, holidays, a bridal brunch, a couple of catering events at the hospital, and just because.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 pkg of yellow cake mix
1 pkg of vanilla instant pudding
1/2 c oil
12 oz sour cream
4 eggs
Topping Mix
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c nuts (I used pecans)

Directions:  Mix first 5 ingredients.  Mix topping ingredients in a separate bowl.  Alternate dough and topping mix in a Bundt pan.  (Or a large loaf pan would work.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.  Test with a toothpick to see when done.  Should come out clean.

All the ingredients from Aldi.  I left the sign in the back for you.  Because my family thinks I am a crazy cat lady and buys me these things.  I mean REALLY?!

BUNDT pan......name that movie............

This recipe comes from my church cookbook.  It is the church I grew up in and my parents still go there.  So I consider it mine, too.  Back in 1996, I was a sassy 16 year old.  I entered a TON of the Carr family recipes to this cookbook.  Mom was thinking ahead and bought one for each of us.  So 36 year old Megan would have one.  (How has it been 20 years!!!  My goodness I'm old.)  As you can tell it is has been WELL used over the years.  Take that Pinterest!

























I'll end with a funny story.  Called how I learned to bake.  I taught myself.  My Mom will tell you she TRIED to show me, but I would just push her hands out of the way and say I know, I know, I know.  (I do not recall this memory.  Therefore she making it up.)  My poor Mother never got to bake again with me in the house.  There was only one person in the whole world that I loved to bake with and that was my Grams.  We always made oatmeal cookies together.  They were her favorite.  She always had to fight me off from eating the batter.  The raw eggs will make you sick, she would say!  (That never stopped me!)



Check out some other recipes I have shared:
Ooey Gooey Delicious Cake
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole

0 comments:

Post a Comment