Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my High Five for Friday.

1.  I am extremely nervous and excited for this upcoming weekend.  I am going tent camping for the first time with Lee.  Eeeeeck!  (Yes you are reading that right.  First time.)  My parents are not the outdoorsy kind (unless you count playing golf and mowing the yard.)  I may have slept in a tent one time at Church Camp but I'm not counting that.  It was just one night and I was steps away from the cabin.  Don't get me wrong I have gone 'camping' before.  Like in a cabin, with electricity and running water.  Even spent a week in Canada doing so.  (Had a wonderful time but came home with pneumonia.  That's a story for another day.)  I do love the great outdoors.

Canada 2008.  Janelle, Me, Lee, and Joel.

So why start camping now?  Well we wanted to go someplace affordable and different.  For me I wanted a beach.  And Lee was open to any suggestions.  I had heard about the Indiana Dunes but never been there before.  (Northern Indiana is kind of a mystery to me.  Never spent any real time in the 'Region' or there a bouts.)  We both started researching and decided upon Indiana Dunes State Park.  We found a campsite available and it was booked.  Lee has been camping lots before so we have a good start on supplies.  All I really had to buy was a blow up bed (remember I have a bad back) and a chair.  Saturday we are going to get all our supplies together and do a little shopping.  I have already mapped out things and made several packing lists.  (Those event planner skills always coming in handy.) 
Don't you just love a good list?!

Bless Lee's heart, he's agreed to take this girly, city girl into the great outdoors.  I hope he does realize I will just be sitting back relaxing in my pink camping chair, watching him do all the work.  (Ha-ha, I kid!)  I am looking forward to going off the grid and relaxing on the beach.  Wish me luck!  3 nights and 4 days of camping.  Please don't let it rain.  Please let the bathrooms be clean.

2.  My kit cats have been extra cute this week.  Don't ya think?

Callie
Excuse me Baby Kitty.  That is my drink!

Diva Sabrina

She loves a good sunbath.
3. On Thursday I won a $10 Starbucks and $10 Barnes and Noble gift cards from fellow bloggers September Farm and Tealaholic.  I spent the Starbucks one right away ;-)

I won a major award!!!!!!

Iced White Chocolate Mocha.  Ummm I was bouncing off the walls the rest of the day.

4.  If you remember, last week I mentioned my adorable niece is on a summer swim team.  Mom was able to go to a meet this week and watch her swim.  Isn't she the cutest?!


Seeing her swim is bringing back memories of my days on the swim team.  I found an old 'yearbook' and thought I would share some pictures of me and my brother Andy.  1989.  I was 9.  Andy just turned 7.  #babies

Newburgh, Indiana
The team.  Andy is bottom right.  I'm in the middle in the back.  Just look for the bangs and big eyes.
Terrible picture but that is Andy in the middle.

That is me.  I was a killer diver and flip turner.  Self taught.

5.  Some of my family members were involved in a car accident earlier this week.  Hit a deer.  This isn't a high of the week, but the fact that they are all ok IS.  Did a lot of damage to the car and could have been much worse.  Luckily the driver attended Megan's Driving School back when she was a teenager, so she knew what to do ;-)  All kidding aside I am so grateful everyone is okay.

I'm linking up with:



2 comments:

  1. So excited for your camping trip! I want to go up to the dunes so you gotta tell me what you think!!! Great blog, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! Will do :-) Have a great weekend!!!

      Delete