Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving recap

I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Mine was fun-filled.  Lots of time with the family, shopping, naps, and more family time.  Here are some pictures from my week home.

I cooked most of the Thanksgiving dinner.  And I am just telling my family now.........next year we are going out!!!  It was exhausting and just not enough time in the day.  I did the turkey, sweet potato casserole, broccoli cheese casserole, homemade (no cans of soup used) green bean casserole, gravy, and spinach artichoke dip.  Mom assisted me and did the mashed potatoes, stuffing (regular and oyster.  Not from a box.), and her famous creamy apple pie.

The cutest little dinner guests.  Our table seemed fuller this year with these two. 
The family. It is so hard to get the girls to both look at the camera at the same time.  And Grandpa as well.








Baby K had her first birthday on November 26.  Unfortunately she was sick with the stomach flu all weekend long!  We didn't really get the chance to celebrate her big day.  (I didn't even make the cake!)  We did get her presents opened with a little help from big sister.

 


Poor Baby K didn't feel too good.  She was all snuggles.  I was quite happy with that as I was exhausted from cooking.  As you can tell.


Friday we had K#1 with us.  It was a pajama kind of day.  Naps were had and movies watched.  Of course what else should be done on Black Friday?!  K#1 helped me get all the Christmas decorations out.  She really got into it which just thrilled me to pieces.  I love decorating for the holidays.  I think I may have found my protege!  She did the tree beautifully and stayed with it until the end.  (Last year she hung one ornament and was done.)  If there is one thing I can pass onto her it is this.  My Grandpa passed it on to me and I pass the torch onto her.  He would have loved nothing more.

 


Finished product

Saturday we took K#1 home to her parents.  (Boo hiss!)  Not without eating out and shopping at Target.
Daddy and Baby K.  Don't they look so much alike?  And I'm not talking about their big foreheads....hehe.  (I can make fun because I have one, too.)

I LOVED shopping at Target with this cute little lady.

And just to tempt you.  I will have a future blog coming up on my trip to the Christmas Story House.  It was pretty cool.  Have you seen the movie?  It is my favorite and I torture my family with the marathon every year.

Me, K#1, Gammy (aka my Mom)
Have a great weekend!!!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment