Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Skincare routine

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin was asking for skincare advice on Facebook.  Suddenly I got really excited to share with her what I use.  (Sidenote:  I love all things beauty  I'm a girly girl.)  Maybe it is because after 35 years, I have finally found a skincare routine that what works for me.

I have always been prone to breakouts.  Especially when I was younger.  But even what I consider breakouts, really aren't that bad.  The last several years though, I hardly ever breakout.  Could be my ole age and hormones but I will take it.  I like to attribute it mostly to my face washing routine.

I use a face-wash called Purity which is made by a company called Philosophy.  My Mom introduced me to it maybe 5, 6, 7 years ago.  And I haven't looked back.  It is a little bit on the pricey side but lasts forever.  Purity is just amazing.  I've always felt I have oily skin.  But not so much anymore.  Purity makes my face feel clean, tight, firm, fresh, and residue free.  I swear it is helping prevent wrinkles!  It takes my makeup off so easily that I don't even need to use a washcloth.  It truly makes my face feel so pure!  I use purity at night to remove all the makeup before I go to bed.  (Which by the way ladies, do yourself a favor and wash that face before bed!!!  I know you are exhausted from the day but let those pores breathe.  I can honestly say that I wash my face each and every night.)

My face-wash routine
In the morning, I wash my face with Clean and Clear continuous control acne cleanser.  Again I've been using this one for a really long time.  I was fed up with my breakouts and just happened to try this out one day.  I use this one in the shower each morning along with my Clarisonic.  I got my Clarisonic a couple of years ago for Christmas.  It is also on the expensive side but I have seen some knock offs for $20-$30.  It is worth the investment either way.  Clean and Clear makes my face feel tingly and clean.  I actually can feel the face-wash working on my skin.  The Clarisonic really helps work it in and exfoliates.


The Clarisonic

After using this routine for so long, I don't think I will ever be able to switch.  Not only has it helped with breakouts and oily skin, but I feel like my skin looks so much better.  I don't wear foundation anymore.  I use a powder called BareMinerals, Mineral veil.  Again another product recommended by my fabulous Mother!  She really does know best.

bareMinerals mineral veil
I do not moisturize because of my oily skin.  I have never had the need to.  But if I do, I would use another Philosophy product called Hope in a Jar.  I think it has been on Oprah's favorite things list.  I got in part of a set and it really is nice.  It doesn't leave a film or make it feel like I have something on my face.

I know it may seem like everything I have mentioned is kind of pricey.  When it comes to face care though, it is worth it to invest a little bit.  With all these products, a little goes a long way and lasts for a long time.


To check out my other beauty posts, click on the links below.
Laura Geller, Essie, and Ulta
Beauty Tip: Coconut Oil
Julep Nail Polish
Curly Hair Tips
Essie Nail Polish
Ulta

0 comments:

Post a Comment